- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Mexican Diced Tomatoes with Lime Juice & Cilantro, undrained
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inch)
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend (2 cups = 8 oz)
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add chicken and undrained tomatoes; cook 10 minutes or until chicken pieces are no longer pink in centers and liquid has evaporated, stirring frequently.
- Spread chicken mixture evenly onto bottom half of each tortilla to within 1 inch of edge. Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese over chicken mixture on each tortilla. Fold each tortilla in half to cover filling.
- Clean skillet. Spray with additional cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Cook quesadillas 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown on both sides. Cut into wedges to serve.
Sound great! Do not use cooking spray! Just dribble in some olive oil. Great taste. No wasteful can of spray.
I just made this but tripled the recipe. As a result, the liquid did not evaporate as desired. I just made sure chicken was cooked through and then drained liquid into a bowl. Otherwise, I made as directed. Family really enjoyed!!! I served with Spanish rice and refried beans. Relatively quick and certainly easy.
It was a big hit with my family! I got the recipe off the back of a Ro*tel can because I wanted to make something a bit different and they loved it :D I served it with homemade refried beans (pinto beans heated and crushed, much better then anything at the store) and Mexican rice, delicious!
GOOD RECIPE, I added qucamole and used my george foreman
We had sooooo much Turkey after Thanksgiving and wanted to use the cooked bird chunks. I made this Quesadillas recipe (using turkey) at our Saturday Football watch party and it was a HIT! I warmed the turkey and Ro*Tel in a pan till evaporated.