- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/2 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Mexican Diced Tomatoes with Lime Juice & Cilantro, undrained
- 4 flour tortillas (10 inch)
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend (2 cups = 8 oz)
- Spray large skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Add chicken and undrained tomatoes; cook 10 minutes or until chicken pieces are no longer pink in centers and liquid has evaporated, stirring frequently.
- Spread chicken mixture evenly onto bottom half of each tortilla to within 1 inch of edge. Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese over chicken mixture on each tortilla. Fold each tortilla in half to cover filling.
- Clean skillet. Spray with additional cooking spray; heat over medium-high heat. Cook quesadillas 3 minutes on each side or until golden brown on both sides. Cut into wedges to serve.
I just made this but tripled the recipe. As a result, the liquid did not evaporate as desired. I just made sure chicken was cooked through and then drained liquid into a bowl. Otherwise, I made as directed. Family really enjoyed!!! I served with Spanish rice and refried beans. Relatively quick and certainly easy.
It was a big hit with my family! I got the recipe off the back of a Ro*tel can because I wanted to make something a bit different and they loved it :D I served it with homemade refried beans (pinto beans heated and crushed, much better then anything at the store) and Mexican rice, delicious!
GOOD RECIPE, I added qucamole and used my george foreman
We had sooooo much Turkey after Thanksgiving and wanted to use the cooked bird chunks. I made this Quesadillas recipe (using turkey) at our Saturday Football watch party and it was a HIT! I warmed the turkey and Ro*Tel in a pan till evaporated.