- 1 pound ground sirloin beef (90% lean)
- 2 slices whole wheat bread, torn into small pieces or 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained
- 1/4 cup Egg Beaters® Original
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 cup chili sauce
- 1 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 1 cup drained, rinsed Rosarita® Premium Whole Black Beans
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cumin
- Finely chopped fresh cilantro, optional
- Make Meatloaf: Preheat oven to 400°F. Combine ground beef, bread, onion, drained tomatoes, Egg Beaters and chili powder in medium bowl.
- Shape meat mixture into a 4x6-inch loaf. Place into an ungreased 8x8-inch baking dish. Bake 45 to 55 minutes or until done (160°F in center); drain excess drippings. Spoon chili sauce over meatloaf; bake an additional 10 minutes.
- Make Rice: Combine rice, corn, beans and cumin in microwave-safe container. Microwave on HIGH 3 minutes or until hot, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir in cilantro, if desired. Serve rice mixture with meatloaf.
We just made the meatloaf, not the rice, and it was very good! Instead of the chili sauce we used ketchup on top of the meatloaf. I would make this again, but wouldn't put as much chili powder in it.