- 1 pkg (7.25 oz each) macaroni and cheese dinner
- 1 pound ground sirloin beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- Prepare macaroni and cheese in large saucepan according to package directions, except omit milk.
- Meanwhile, cook and stir beef in large skillet over medium-high heat until crumbled and no longer pink; drain. Stir in undrained tomatoes. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add beef mixture to prepared macaroni and cheese; stir to combine.
This recipe needs to be reworked. I made something similiar. I browned a lb. ground chuck with one small onion. I seasoned the ground chuck with garlic salt. After draining, I added 2 tbs of tamato paste. Then I added one can of Ro-Tel, one can of mushroom soup, cooked macaroni (one cup raw) and about 1/2 lb Velveeta cheese. (Next time I will also put green peppers in). My husband really liked this and it was easy.
I cook this but use what ever pasta i have at the time and use velvetta cheese instead of the box stuff
Loved it, but would have added a little bit of cheese to it. SO easy and not bad on the calories!
It has great flavor! Everyone loved it. I would maybe like a little more pasta next time.
I only had kraft Velveeta cheese shells, and I also added 1 teaspoon of Garlic and about a 1/2 cup of green onions, and a hint of curry! This was easy, fast and a great meal for a family of five! My kids went nuts for ....now we have it once a week! Also a great side dish for family gatherings!
I cooked this for my Fiancee and I as a quick meal after Church activities.....I thought it was really good but He didn't care for it to much, said it didn't have enough taste....I think next time I'll through in some onion and tomato paste