- 1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 1 pkg (16 oz each) VELVEETA®, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Combine undrained tomatoes and Velveeta in medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until Velveeta is melted completely and mixture is blended, stirring frequently.
- Serve warm as a dip with tortilla chips, crackers or cut-up fresh vegetables.
To make in microwave, combine undrained tomatoes and Velveeta in 1-1/2-quart microwave-safe dish; cover. Microwave on HIGH 5 minutes or just until Velveeta melts, stirring after 3 minutes. Remove from microwave; stir until mixture is blended. CAUTION: Dish will be hot; use hot pads. For a double recipe, microwave on HIGH 8 minutes or until Velveeta melts, stirring after 5 minutes. Drain 1 can of tomatoes if a thicker dip is preferred.
I use the Mexican Ro*Tel, Queso Blanco Velveeta, and crumbled turkey sausage for an awesome dip.
I add ground beef to mine
You can also add well drained sausage for some extra zip!
Add spicy ground sausage and creates a delicious appetizer!
Great dish I also add ground beef with it! Great for game day!!!
Wonderful over a baked potato. I prefer my queso with just the two ingredients - Velveeta and Ro-tel but I also like it with a can of chili and beans added. Either are delicious over the baked potatoes, scrambled eggs, as well as steamed vegetables.