- 1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 1 pkg (16 oz each) VELVEETA®, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Combine undrained tomatoes and Velveeta in medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until Velveeta is melted completely and mixture is blended, stirring frequently.
- Serve warm as a dip with tortilla chips, crackers or cut-up fresh vegetables.
To make in microwave, combine undrained tomatoes and Velveeta in 1-1/2-quart microwave-safe dish; cover. Microwave on HIGH 5 minutes or just until Velveeta melts, stirring after 3 minutes. Remove from microwave; stir until mixture is blended. CAUTION: Dish will be hot; use hot pads. For a double recipe, microwave on HIGH 8 minutes or until Velveeta melts, stirring after 5 minutes. Drain 1 can of tomatoes if a thicker dip is preferred.
We have had this variation for years for most of our family get togethers. The only change is Mexican Velveeta and 1 Lb. cooked Italian sausage added. It is gone in no time and is always a big hit
I usually can not make enough for my guest. But, I add two additional ingredients: 1 can no-bean chilli
I cant wait to serve this at a bbq tomorrow. I browned some sausage to add, I have had great raves when I have served it before.
Love it!! This is what is for supper tonight.... :) snack, lunch will make it a lot! :)
I put it in the crock pot on high and thenot turned to low. I added a pound, of ground beef and 4 jalapeÃ±o (for a little kick). Texture was perfect
2 thumbs up! I love this stuff. I add 1 pound of ground beef with 1 block of cream cheese and it is good!