- 1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 1 pkg (16 oz each) Velveeta®, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Combine undrained tomatoes and Velveeta in medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until Velveeta is melted completely and mixture is blended, stirring frequently.
- Serve warm as a dip with tortilla chips, crackers or cut-up fresh vegetables.
To make in microwave, combine undrained tomatoes and Velveeta in 1-1/2-quart microwave-safe dish; cover. Microwave on HIGH 5 minutes or just until Velveeta melts, stirring after 3 minutes. Remove from microwave; stir until mixture is blended. CAUTION: Dish will be hot; use hot pads. For a double recipe, microwave on HIGH 8 minutes or until Velveeta melts, stirring after 5 minutes. Drain 1 can of tomatoes if a thicker dip is preferred.
I tried this for the first time at an after school function last week. I fell in love! I am the pickiest eater in the world, so believe it or not, I ate around the diced tomatoes, and green chillies, and just went for the added ground beef and creamy cheese. I enjoyed it so much, I am currently making it in my crock pot for tonight's Super Bowl gathering! Yummy!
This is just sooo good just as the recipe is YUM
I always make it in the slow cooker wirh breakfast sausage. Very yummy. To get it even creamier add some Philadelphia cream cheese or sour cream
Always have loved it and always will... But, if you're going to add anything ~ It should be breakfast sausage. And, only the Ro*TelÂ® Original Diced Tomatoes
I make this dip almost every weekend when friends come over for tacos and cold beer......Great dip.....ð
This is a great dip and a staple at many gatherings here in the south. I also add a pound of hot sausage to the recipe. Crowd pleaser! Good stuff!