- 1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 1 pkg (16 oz each) VELVEETA®, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Combine undrained tomatoes and Velveeta in medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until Velveeta is melted completely and mixture is blended, stirring frequently.
- Serve warm as a dip with tortilla chips, crackers or cut-up fresh vegetables.
To make in microwave, combine undrained tomatoes and Velveeta in 1-1/2-quart microwave-safe dish; cover. Microwave on HIGH 5 minutes or just until Velveeta melts, stirring after 3 minutes. Remove from microwave; stir until mixture is blended. CAUTION: Dish will be hot; use hot pads. For a double recipe, microwave on HIGH 8 minutes or until Velveeta melts, stirring after 5 minutes. Drain 1 can of tomatoes if a thicker dip is preferred.
Rotel Dip is always a favorite at the Sunday football party. I add a bit of heavy whipping cream, tapatio sauce, cup of corn,and chorizo sausage. Throw in a slow cooker with white queso Velveeta and you have a winner.
The Rotel tomatoes are good but the Velveeta makes the dip almost inedible - absolutely terrible stuff.
Add a cup of heavy cream.... you wont get that layer of hard cheese on top - stays creamy and has a better flavor IMO.
You better double this, they will gobble it up.
We have had this variation for years for most of our family get togethers. The only change is Mexican Velveeta and 1 Lb. cooked Italian sausage added. It is gone in no time and is always a big hit
I usually can not make enough for my guest. But, I add two additional ingredients: 1 can no-bean chilli