- 1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 1 pkg (16 oz each) Velveeta® Pasteurized Prepared Cheese Product, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Combine undrained tomatoes and cheese in medium saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until cheese is melted completely and mixture is blended, stirring frequently.
- Serve warm as a dip with tortilla chips, crackers or cut-up fresh vegetables.
To make in microwave, combine undrained tomatoes and cheese in 1-1/2-quart microwave-safe dish; cover. Microwave on HIGH 5 minutes or just until cheese melts, stirring after 3 minutes. Remove from microwave; stir until mixture is blended. CAUTION: Dish will be hot; use hot pads. For a double recipe, microwave on HIGH 8 minutes or until cheese melts, stirring after 5 minutes. Drain 1 can of tomatoes if a thicker dip is preferred.
1 10oz can Rotel (Hot), 1lb JD sausage (Hot and drain well), 2lb Mexican Velveeta, 8oz cream cheese, 1 can cream of mushroom soup and 1 12oz jar sliced jalapenos (with juice). Sounds hot but it's just spicy and VERY flavorful (9 yr old son and 3 yr old g'daugher both love it). Never any leftovers. Guests ask for bowls to take home.
To add more flavor, cook some Original (or Hot) Jimmy Dean Sausage and mix that in with it. I like roasting one or two jalapenos, cutting them up, and then throwing them in as well. Not really hot. But adds a ton of flavor.
I add ground turkey or ground beef 1 pd is sufficent I promise it taste much better!!! My personal fav is cooked ground sausage drained and seasoned to taste taco season add cream cheese instead A great party dip!!!!!!
I would love to use a cheese other than velvetta. any suggestions?
this is certainly an addictive food/snack !!! it is even better, if u add in a can of cream of chicken, or cream of mushroom soup.
I Love how easy it is to prepare, and it is delicious! My 9 yr old suggested it for Valentine's day, and she is the cook for today. CAN'T WAIT!!!!!!