- 1 pkg (16 oz each) smoked sausage, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-1/2 cups long-grain white rice, uncooked
- 2 cans (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 2 cans (14 oz each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (8 oz each) Hunt's® Tomato Sauce-No Salt Added
- Cook sausage and chicken in large saucepan over medium-high heat until chicken is no longer pink, stirring frequently. Remove from saucepan; cover to keep warm. Add onion and garlic to same saucepan; cook 3 minutes or until onion is crisp-tender, stirring frequently. Remove from saucepan and add to meat.
- Add rice to same saucepan; cook 5 minutes or until light golden brown, stirring frequently. Return sausage and onion mixture to saucepan; mix well. Stir in undrained tomatoes, broth and tomato sauce; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat to low and simmer 20 minutes or until rice is tender. Stir before serving.
I did use this recipe but I had to take another recipe to compete this one. This mentions no spices. How do you make this w/o spices. I used two teaspoons of cujan mix and salt to taste. Also I added a cup of chopped celery to the onions.
This is a family favorite now. We've made it many times. I've not altered the recipe in any way. Better than any box-add-meat we've tried.
i made it for thanksgiving yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
I make this all the time! It's one of my favorite recipes!
FANTASTIC! I'm from southern Louisiana and this is the best jambalaya i've had in a long time.
Very good, easy to make. I left out the chicken, added shrimp and a little more of the smoked skinless sausage...UMMM!