- 1 pkg (16 oz each) dry elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 1 pkg (16 oz each) VELVEETA®, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup reduced fat (2%) milk
- Prepare macaroni according to package directions, omitting salt.
- Meanwhile, combine undrained tomatoes and Velveeta in 1-1/2-quart microwavable dish; cover. Microwave on MEDIUM (50%) 10 to 12 minutes or until Velveeta melts, stirring after 6 minutes. Add milk; stir mixture until well blended.
- Drain macaroni; place in large bowl. Add tomato mixture; toss to coat.
I melted 1/2 cup butter in a skilet and stirred in 2 Tb. flour to make a roux. Then, I added 8 oz. of cubed Velveeta and 8 oz. of cubed Queso Blanco Velveeta til melted. Then, I added the can of Ro Tel Diced Tomatoes and Green Chilies, undrained. I then poured the drained macaroni into the cheese mixture and poured it into a casserole dish with a lid. I baked it at 350 degrees for 30 minutes!!! Muey bueno!!!!
Normally I make macaroni and cheese from scratch with freshly shredded cheese, and that's delicious. However, I was short on ingredients, and I happened to have some rotel and Velveeta handy, so I whipped this up for dinner. It's surprisingly tasty! It won't be replacing my normal macaroni recipe, but I will be making it again when we want something different. Just a note, my family prefers both this and normal queso dip with half the total. That's just personal preference though.
Poor- very poor. - The original recipe was better.
Not good when you use Velveeta but sustitute grated sharp and add 2 tablespoons of margarine and it is a big hit!!!!
I add a pound of ground meat flavored with taco seasoning and use Velveeta Mexican cheese. I call it "Mexironi and cheese". Have served it to 50 or more people and they just love it
This is not nearly as good as the original Ro-Tel Mac and cheese recipe. Make a white sauce, grate some cheese - it is much better for only a little more work.