- 1 pkg (16 oz each) dry elbow macaroni, uncooked
- 1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 1 pkg (16 oz each) VELVEETA®, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/2 cup reduced fat (2%) milk
- Prepare macaroni according to package directions, omitting salt.
- Meanwhile, combine undrained tomatoes and Velveeta in 1-1/2-quart microwavable dish; cover. Microwave on MEDIUM (50%) 10 to 12 minutes or until Velveeta melts, stirring after 6 minutes. Add milk; stir mixture until well blended.
- Drain macaroni; place in large bowl. Add tomato mixture; toss to coat.
Poor- very poor. - The original recipe was better.
Not good when you use Velveeta but sustitute grated sharp and add 2 tablespoons of margarine and it is a big hit!!!!
I add a pound of ground meat flavored with taco seasoning and use Velveeta Mexican cheese. I call it "Mexironi and cheese". Have served it to 50 or more people and they just love it
This is not nearly as good as the original Ro-Tel Mac and cheese recipe. Make a white sauce, grate some cheese - it is much better for only a little more work.
This is our new favorite mac and cheese recipe! I've spent years fussing with gourmet mac and cheese recipes only to be disappointed by their dryness or lack of wow factor. I guess I just have to surrender to Velvetta, but Rotel makes it worth it.
no different than the velvetta and rotel dip we serve with chips. too rich for a meal. will not make this again.