- 2 tablespoons Pure Wesson® Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cans (15 oz each) Ranch Style® Black Beans, undrained
- 2 cans (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Chunky Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 1 can (11 oz each) whole kernel corn with red and green peppers, drained
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oil in large saucepan over medium heat. Add carrot, celery and onion; mix well. Cook 10 minutes or until vegetables are tender, stirring frequently.
- Add undrained beans, undrained tomatoes and drained corn; mix well.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Stir in cilantro just before serving.
Have made this several times. I too add cumin. I also rinse and drain the beans and add a box of low sodium chicken stock. This time I'm going to try a squeeze of lime. Super simple and so tasty, and it freezes well!
Also added cumin, and some hot red chile flakes, and after plated, added a little grated cheese and a few slices of avocado. Great!
This is one of our favorite soup recipes. It's a strike in our winter menu, sometimes we will add turkey sausage fir a more hearty meal.
I added the cumin and a can od chicken broth. Very good and plan to make again today and freeze.
Really enjoyed this receipe. i took the suggestions of adding cumin and 1lb ground meat and I added an 8oz can of tomato sauce. Even my 13 year old like this receipe.
Added a little cumin to give it a more distinctive flavor. Very simple and yummy.