- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/4 cup Fleischmann's® Original-stick
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 can (10-3/4 oz each) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 can (10-3/4 oz each) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inch), torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (2 cups = 8 oz)
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Melt Fleischmann's in large saucepan over medium heat. Add bell pepper and onion; cook and stir about 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in both soups, undrained tomatoes and chicken.
- Layer one-third each of tortillas, chicken mixture and cheese evenly in dish. Repeat layers twice more. Bake uncovered 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
May use any variety of Ro*Tel Tomatoes in place of Original to suit your taste.
I have been making this since 1998, and I have changed it up a bit. I double the recipe plus 1 extra can of Mexican Ro-tel. I also use two rotisserie chickens. I use nacho cheese Doritos and it is a favorite for special large group get togethers.
Love this dish. The only change I made was dipping the tortillas in the chicken stock before layering.
I absolutely loved this recipe! First time I've used it and it was easy to follow. I believe the best part besides enjoying the dinner, is once you mix everything together and bake it, you're waiting for an excellent dish.
I LOVE this recipe! I have made it for 20 years. The only thing i do different is i use crispy corn torillas. In fact the last couple of years i have just used a bag of lite tostitos. Can't tell the difference and it saves a lot of work. My husband LOVES when i make this! Also, i use poblano peppers now! A little extra heat!
Boy Texas can mess anything up lol. Add a can of Ro-Tel and everything is better :(
Ihave been making this casserole for years and sometimes I substitute corn tortillas for chips or use 2 cups Cooked egg noodles. sometimes spaghetti pasta.. endless possibilities I suppose.