- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/4 cup Fleischmann's® Original-stick
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 can (10-3/4 oz each) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 can (10-3/4 oz each) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inch), torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (2 cups = 8 oz)
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Melt Fleischmann's in large saucepan over medium heat. Add bell pepper and onion; cook and stir about 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in both soups, undrained tomatoes and chicken.
- Layer one-third each of tortillas, chicken mixture and cheese evenly in dish. Repeat layers twice more. Bake uncovered 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
May use any variety of Ro*Tel Tomatoes in place of Original to suit your taste.
One of my all time family favorites. I have also cooked it for a church dinner for 150 people and they loved it. It's an often requested meal. I love the idea of LHarper of adding lime juice, garlic, chili power and cumin. I'll have to try it next time I make it.
I've always loved this dish - had it first when I lived in Texas about 25 years ago. This recipe looks a bit bland, however. It helps to add a teaspoon of cumin, a teaspoon of chipotle chili powder, a half teaspoon of garlic powder, and two tablespoons of lime juice to the soup/RoTel mix. I also add chopped cilantro after it's cooked. Yummy stuff!
Classic! Delicious! I loved this when I was a kid, still do.
Love it and always have. Every single person I have ever made it for does as well.
I have made it many times and now I am adding cream corn in with it.
I make this frequently in cold weather. It is wonderful. I add extra cheese and peppers since I have peppers growing in the garden.