- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/4 cup Fleischmann's® Original-stick
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 can (10-3/4 oz each) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 can (10-3/4 oz each) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inch), torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (2 cups = 8 oz)
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Melt Fleischmann's in large saucepan over medium heat. Add bell pepper and onion; cook and stir about 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in both soups, undrained tomatoes and chicken.
- Layer one-third each of tortillas, chicken mixture and cheese evenly in dish. Repeat layers twice more. Bake uncovered 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
May use any variety of Ro*Tel Tomatoes in place of Original to suit your taste.
Was TERRIBLE. I hated it, my kids hated it, my husband hated it.
Great recipe.. I grew up eating King Ranch Casserole in my childhood in the 60s. The original recipe used turkey since they grew such huge flocks on the King Ranch
This is a family favorite! Very easy to put together, and oh, so delicious. We are cheese lovers, so add a little more cheese than called for. Love the idea of adding some black olives to top....will try that next time.
The best casserole ever! Creamy, cheesy with a bit of a kick from the Rotel. Super easy, too. I usually bake large roaster chicken for dinner and a couple of days later use the left over chicken in the casserole. Everyone in my family absolutley loves it. It's a winter staple in our home.
I only had 11 tortillas so I used some crushed tortillas chips to make up for the loss. Also I added a can of black beans to make up for lack of chicken. I used cut up chicken tenderloin since I didnt have any baked chicken deboned. This was fabulous. Will be in my meal rotation from now on.
I did mine like a lasagna too, and it was soo good!! My husband and my very picky father loved it!!