- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1/4 cup Fleischmann's® Original-stick
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 can (10-3/4 oz each) condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 can (10-3/4 oz each) condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken breast
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inch), torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (2 cups = 8 oz)
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray; set aside.
- Melt Fleischmann's in large saucepan over medium heat. Add bell pepper and onion; cook and stir about 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in both soups, undrained tomatoes and chicken.
- Layer one-third each of tortillas, chicken mixture and cheese evenly in dish. Repeat layers twice more. Bake uncovered 40 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
May use any variety of Ro*Tel Tomatoes in place of Original to suit your taste.
My family loves this meal. It is their favorite now. We enjoy it with refried beans and a green salad. It is sooo good. Thank you.
This was my first "do it alone" dinner for my family - over 40 years ago and we love it just as much now! I like the Rotel tomatoes in this recipe, saves ti and no tears from the hot chilis. :o)
I made it just like the recipe. I used velvet a cheese .Just delicious will be using this recipe again.
This Ida easy dish to make. Just made it today. I use spaghetti in mine, plus a can of hot rotel. It's one of those recipe you can change up on, to your liking. And it will still be ok.
I have been making this since 1998, and I have changed it up a bit. I double the recipe plus 1 extra can of Mexican Ro-tel. I also use two rotisserie chickens. I use nacho cheese Doritos and it is a favorite for special large group get togethers.
Love this dish. The only change I made was dipping the tortillas in the chicken stock before layering.