- 2 cans (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 2 cans (14 oz each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (16 oz each) Rosarita® No Fat Traditional Refried Beans
- 1/2 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup fried corn tortilla strips or broken tortilla chips
- Stir together undrained tomatoes, broth, beans and corn in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken; heat through. Serve soup topped with tortilla strips or broken tortilla chips.
To make corn tortilla strips, cut 2 corn tortillas into thin strips. Spray strips with PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray. Cook tortilla strips in medium skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until crisp, stirring frequently.
This soup is simple, delicious and versatile. I added 1 tsp each of cumin and oregano for additional flavor. I tripled the recipe for a get together with family and friends, and the soup was a hit.
I have been making this regularly ever since I found the recipe on the refried bean can. I vary it a bit. I roast a chicken (google "sticky chicken") using an amazing rub and then simmer the carcass and the skin for the base of the soup. Also you can use the mild or hotter rotel tomatoes or mix the two if you like it spicy. Best tortilla soup I've ever had including all restaurant recipes.
This soup is amazing!
Quick and Easy...Oh So Good!
Loved this soup.. So easy and Yummy!!
A lady friend brought this to me after having a baby and it is now on our list of family meals to make! It's AMAZING. My husband doesnt like tomatos and he ate the whole bowl!