- 2 cans (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 2 cans (14 oz each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (16 oz each) Rosarita® No Fat Traditional Refried Beans
- 1/2 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup fried corn tortilla strips or broken tortilla chips
- Stir together undrained tomatoes, broth, beans and corn in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken; heat through. Serve soup topped with tortilla strips or broken tortilla chips.
To make corn tortilla strips, cut 2 corn tortillas into thin strips. Spray strips with PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray. Cook tortilla strips in medium skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until crisp, stirring frequently.
First time making this soup. So easy and so delicious. My husband thought I had been cooking for hours. Used rotisserie chicken (white meat only) and baked tortilla chips. So tasty.
I prefer everything from scratch but great fast recipe in a pinch, esp with canned chicken. I added black beans, cumin, rice(on side to let each person decide how much), and garnished with cilantro, cheese, and sour cream.
Our favorite soup recipe. We also add cheese and I too found it on the back of a can of Rosarita refried beans :) YUMMMM! Making this tonight!
I love this soup on a cold night. I add avocado and sour cream on top for a little extra. I could eat the whole pot!!
I have always loved this recipe as well as my grandson and daughter. We also add rice and a can of regular black beans. My grandson adds cheese. We don't do tortillas when using rice.
This is my favorite soup! In a pinch you can use canned chicken! Kids love it, husbands love it and it freezes well for my quick grab lunches. Yum!