- 2 cans (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 2 cans (14 oz each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (16 oz each) Rosarita® No Fat Traditional Refried Beans
- 1/2 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken
- 3/4 cup fried corn tortilla strips or broken tortilla chips
- Stir together undrained tomatoes, broth, beans and corn in medium saucepan. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chicken; heat through. Serve soup topped with tortilla strips or broken tortilla chips.
To make corn tortilla strips, cut 2 corn tortillas into thin strips. Spray strips with PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray. Cook tortilla strips in medium skillet over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until crisp, stirring frequently.
Very easy and tasty too! Everyone that I serve it to loves it! Thanks for the recipe.
i tried this recipe on my students and it was a complete hiti am not one for using can products but the can rotel made my job soooooo easy
This quickly became a standby. When I'm home all day and have time, I often stew a few chicken breasts or thighs and use that for the broth and the chicken. When I'm short on time, it's cans and maybe a rotisserie chicken. When the grandkids (who don't like 'picey things) are visiting, I often use a can of chopped tomatoes in place of one of the tomatoes and chilies and tone down the hotness a bit. We often skip the tortillas and have cornbread with it. Definitely a winner!
Excellent; so easy and so fast! I bought a whole roasted chicken, added a can of black beans, sprinkled in some cumin and corriander, used organic chicken stock (in a box), a half pkg low-fat cream cheese and warmed store bought torilla chips in oven. Even had 1/2 of the roasted chicken left over for chicken salad or sandwiches!!
First time making this soup. So easy and so delicious. My husband thought I had been cooking for hours. Used rotisserie chicken (white meat only) and baked tortilla chips. So tasty.
I prefer everything from scratch but great fast recipe in a pinch, esp with canned chicken. I added black beans, cumin, rice(on side to let each person decide how much), and garnished with cilantro, cheese, and sour cream.