- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 12 corn tortillas, torn into bite-size pieces
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken (3 cups = about 12 oz)
- 1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 1 can (10 oz each) red enchilada sauce
- 1 can (8 oz each) Hunt's® Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack blend cheese, divided
- Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add tortilla pieces and chicken; mix well. Cook over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until hot, stirring frequently.
- Pour undrained tomatoes and enchilada and tomato sauces over chicken mixture in skillet. Mix well. Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese over chicken mixture. Cover skillet; cook 5 minutes or until hot, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Serve immediately.
The recipe was easy, but it is not tex mex. The chiles rellenos recipe was more like it and tasted good too. I give it a half a star.
This is now one of my favorite recipes. Quick, easy to make, and really tastes great. I plan to experiment by substituting ground beef for the chicken, ie., beef enchiladas. Also plan to try using spicy white cheese queso instead of the red enchilada sauce. Regardless, this is a keeper.
Super easy, super quick and very tasty. (What takes the most time is cooking of chicken. Could be made with leftover chicken as well or chicken made ahead of time) I would recommend separating tortillas before added to pan or they get clumped together. We ate ours as a dip with crunchy tortillas.
This is really good!!!
Here's a little tip. Most manufacturers of non stick cookware tell you not to spray with cooking spray. It gums up the non stick coating. It's non stick . Why do you need the cooking spray? If you need a little something in the pan or skillet, use a few drops of cooking oil.
It was late and I needed a QUICK, EASY MEAL. My daughter had made this recipe for us once before and LOVED it. I loved how quickly I could make it using canned chicken. It was delicious. I unfortunately want to eat many servings at one time :)