- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 12 corn tortillas, torn into bite-size pieces
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken (3 cups = about 12 oz)
- 1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 1 can (10 oz each) red enchilada sauce
- 1 can (8 oz each) Hunt's® Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack blend cheese, divided
- Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add tortilla pieces and chicken; mix well. Cook over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until hot, stirring frequently.
- Pour undrained tomatoes and enchilada and tomato sauces over chicken mixture in skillet. Mix well. Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese over chicken mixture. Cover skillet; cook 5 minutes or until hot, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Serve immediately.
Followed the recipe exactly except I used green enchilada sauce (not red) and mixed the enchilada sauce with a can of cream of mushroom soup (no tomato sauce). I then Decided to throw in a tablespoon of green chile powder for extra flavor
It was so quick and easy and everybody ate it. Thanks!
Love it! I also add black olives. Easy and delicious dish!
We really liked this. Next time we will use Ro*Tel Mild Diced Tomatoes. It was just a little to spicy hot for my husbands taste.
I thought it was GREAT! I followed the recipe exactly, but only used half the tomato sauce. Seemed moist enough. HOWEVER, a few phone calls (good ones) lengthened my cooking time, and the bottom got brown and crusty. Would a casserole work??
This is a huge hit at our house. I've made it twice for hubby and myself. I've also served it to our children and their families when they come to visit. Everyone asks for the recipe. It's very quick and easy to prepare. I can't say enough good about this recipe!