- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 12 corn tortillas, torn into bite-size pieces
- 3 cups shredded cooked chicken (3 cups = about 12 oz)
- 1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 1 can (10 oz each) red enchilada sauce
- 1 can (8 oz each) Hunt's® Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack blend cheese, divided
- Spray large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Add tortilla pieces and chicken; mix well. Cook over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until hot, stirring frequently.
- Pour undrained tomatoes and enchilada and tomato sauces over chicken mixture in skillet. Mix well. Sprinkle 1/2 cup cheese over chicken mixture. Cover skillet; cook 5 minutes or until hot, stirring occasionally. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Serve immediately.
this was wonderful and didn't take that love...my family loved it
I've made this several times, each time I've changed it. I have made it with chicken, Hamburger, Ground turkey, left over roast beef. it turns out great every time. The only thing I do different from the cooking is I add all the cheese and put the skillet in the oven at 350 for about 20 min. No mush no gush my family just loves this recipe!!!!!
I don't see how everyone thought this was a great recipe. It was easy, however really turned out to be a big pan of mush. Would not make again
Great recipe! I enhanced it by adding a little frozen corn and a can of black beans. Also, since I had raw chicken, I cooked the chicken in the skillet with garlic, cumin, and cayenne first. Yummy!
Super easy and really yummy! Next time I'll heat tortillas first to get a little more crunch out of them, other than that, it's a keeper! Sour cream on the side cools the fire down from the chiles!
To give the recipe a crunch, I fried the corn tortillas in oil and set them aside to drain. After cooking the chicken, I added fresh onion, cumin, chili powder, garlic powder, kosher salt, and pepper. I did not use tomato sauce or enchilada sauce. I added a can of finely diced black olives. Let simmer for about 5 minutes, then mixed in the crispy corn tortilla pieces. Served with cheese, sour cream, and salsa.