- PAM® No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 pound ground sirloin beef (90% lean)
- 1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, drained
- 1 can (29 oz each) Rosarita® Enchilada Sauce
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inch)
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend (2 cups = 8 oz)
- Sour cream, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 13x9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Cook beef in large skillet over medium heat 7 minutes or until meat crumbles and is no longer pink; drain. Add drained tomatoes and 1 cup enchilada sauce; blend well.
- Place tortillas in damp paper towels; microwave on HIGH 1 minute or just until flexible. Place about 1/3 cup beef mixture evenly on each tortilla. Top each with about 1 tablespoon cheese. Roll up and place seam side down in baking dish. Top with remaining sauce and remaining 1 cup cheese, spreading evenly and covering tortilla edges.
- Bake covered 30 minutes. Serve with a dollop of sour cream, if desired.
I did this at the last minute and my kids loved it.
I saute chopped onions with the hamburger filling. You can also saute diced red or green peppers. This goes great with a big salad or a mango/pineapple salad on the side.
I enjoyed making this recipe. I modified it a little with whole grain tortilla shells and low fat Mexican shredded cheese. I also added chopped onions and green peppers with enchilada seasonings.I just have to work on my tortilla rolling skills. Happy in Charleston!