- 2-1/2 pounds chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- PAM® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray
- 1 cup long-grain rice, uncooked
- 2 cans (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 1 can (14 oz each) reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (16 oz each) Rosarita® No Fat Traditional Refried Beans
- 1/2 cup shredded Oaxaca, Chihauhau or Mexican blend cheese (1/2 cup = 2 oz)
- Season chicken with garlic salt and pepper. Spray large skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat until hot. Place chicken, skin side down, in skillet. Cook 7 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove chicken from skillet.
- Add rice to skillet. Brown rice in pan drippings over medium heat about 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Add undrained tomatoes and broth; blend well. Place chicken on top of rice. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 20 minutes or until rice is tender and chicken is no longer pink. Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm. Drop beans by tablespoons onto rice; sprinkle with cheese. Heat an additional 5 minutes or until beans are hot and cheese melts. Serve with chicken.
Try cooking it on the grill. I do cut the chicken in cubes.Use a throw away pan and clean up is a breeze. My kids make burritos.
We make this at least once a month. Very filling and satisfying for everyone. It doesn't matter whether you use Rosarita's refried beans or make your own, its still just as yummy and healthy. Love it!!!
It's a great recipe, but try cooking beans your own dry beans. Very Easy, and so much tastier than Rosarita's + you'll get a lot less sodium.
This is an awesome recipe!!!! I have made this at least 6 times now and every time I serve it, it is well received. No leftovers! I add diced tomatoes and green onions as garnish on top and Green Chile Verde Sauce as well. Love, Love, Love this recipe. Thanks Rosarita!!
This is awesome. Total comfort food! The Ro-Tel gives it just enough kick! We're hooked on this one.
we make this quite often. we try new variations once in awhile, tonight we are adding mushrooms. its a family weekly favorite in my house.