- 1 pound ground chuck beef (80% lean)
- 3/4 cup chopped yellow onion
- 1 pkg (1.25 oz each) chili seasoning mix
- 1 can (16 oz each) beans in chili seasoned sauce, undrained
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Hunt's® Diced Tomatoes, undrained
- 1 can (10 oz each) Ro*Tel® Original Diced Tomatoes & Green Chilies, undrained
- 1 can (8 oz each) Hunt's® Tomato Sauce
- 1 cup water
- Cook beef and onion in large saucepan over medium-high heat 5 minutes or until beef is crumbled and no longer pink, stirring occasionally; drain.
- Stir in seasoning mix. Add remaining ingredients; bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium; simmer 10 minutes, stirring several times.
Chili may be topped with shredded cheese, sour cream or sliced green onions, if desired. Chili also may be made with ground turkey in place of the ground beef.
I always have Hunts in my kitchen for any recipe like the chili. This is one where you can make with little time or short notice from guests, who loved every bite of it! :)
Made this recipe for the first time ever making chili..Girlfriend was comparing the chili to her moms... substituted 1 cup water for one cup beer. thank you so much for the recipe
I substituded Chili sauce in the bottle and left out the tomatoes and chili powder mix. I love the eweet taste. Also did not put in the onions. Mild on a bad stomach.
Excellent, easily adapted from spicy to mild. Makes just the right amount. Flavor is great. I use a can of beer I stead of water.
1/2 lb lean ground beef + 1/2 lb lean ground turkey = all good.
Made this and the family LOVED it! Quick and easy, will definitely make again!